Joseph A. Conlan
JOSEPH A. CONLAN is an associate with Martin Law and focuses his practice exclusively on Pennsylvania workers’ compensation law. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Conlan practiced at a regional defense litigation firm representing employers across Pennsylvania in the area of workers' compensation law and matters of general liability. Prior to that, he served as a legal intern in the legal department at the School District of Philadelphia.
In the spring of 2014, Mr. Conlan became a certified specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation by the PA Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the PA Supreme Court. Mr. Conlan was featured as a panelist in December 2014 at an event at the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law and shared his personal experiences as a trial lawyer with law students.
In 2005, Mr. Conlan earned his law degree from Widener University School of Law, where he was a member of the Sports & Entertainment Law Society. He earned his bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Pittsburgh in 2002.
Areas of Practice
- Worker's Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Pennsylvania Workers' Compensation, Pennsylvania Bar Association's Section on Workers' Compensation, 2014
- Pennsylvania, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: Communications
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2011 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member