Amit J. Shah
AMIT J. SHAH is a partner at Martin Law and focuses his practice exclusively on Pennsylvania workers’ compensation law. Mr. Shah has been with the firm since 2007. In the spring of 2014, Mr. Shah became a certified specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation by the PA Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the PA Supreme Court. * Mr. Shah has spoken at continuing legal education seminars on various issues related to Workers’ Compensation.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Shah worked at a boutique defense firm handling workers’ compensation litigation in Pennsylvania. He also previously served as a legal intern in the immigration department at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
In 2004, Mr. Shah earned his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, where he was a member of the Minority Law Student Association, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section. In January 2015, Mr. Shah became an ex officio member of the Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia. In 2017, Mr. Shah served as co-chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association. In 2022, Mr. Shah was elected to the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Council.
Mr. Shah has been designated by the National Football League’s Players’ Association (NFLPA) to represent the players of the Philadelphia Eagles. In addition, Mr. Shah is associated with the National Hockey League’s Players’ Association (NHLPA), Major League Baseball’s Players’ Association (MLBPA), Major League Soccer Players’ (MLPSA), and Professional Hockey Players’ Association (PHPA) to handle Workers’ Compensation matters for professional athletes in Pennsylvania.
WHAT TO KNOW
More about Amit J. Shah?
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, PA - J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Member, Minority Law Student Association
- Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA - B.A. - 2001
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- New Jersey, 2004
HONORS AND AWARDS
Honor & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, since 2019
- Awesome Attorneys 2012 - 2013, Suburban Life Magazine
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Since 2021
- Five Star Attorney 2022, Suburban Life Magazine
- Super Lawyers Rising Star honoree 2008, 2010 - 2019, 2021 - 2022
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Division, Member
- Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Committee, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia, Ex Officio Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Electronic Depositions Sub-Committee under the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Audio and Video Depositions Sub-Committee, Member
Awards and Accomplishments
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Martin Law have received numerous honors and awards—from other lawyers, neutral third-party publications and trusted consumer organizations. The achievement we are most proud of is simply being able to help the many decent, hardworking people who have suffered the misfortune of a work injury.