Amit J. Shah
AMIT J. SHAH is a partner at the Martin Law and focuses his practice exclusively on Pennsylvania workers’ compensation law. Mr. Shah has been with the firm since 2007 and has handled hundreds of workers’ compensation cases in the past eight years. In the spring of 2014, Mr. Shah became a certified specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation by the PA Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the PA Supreme Court.* Mr. Shah was a speaker at the Continuing Legal Education program titled “Workers’ Compensation Issues Involving the Large Employer” in 2011.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Shah was an associate with a boutique defense firm handling workers’ compensation litigation in Pennsylvania. He also previously served as a legal intern in immigration at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
In 2004, Mr. Shah earned his law degree from the Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, where he was a member of the Minority Law Student Association. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from The Pennsylvania State University in 2001. Mr. Shah is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, and is a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Pennsylvania Association for Justice and the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Division. In January 2015, Mr. Shah became an ex officio member of the Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia. Mr. Shah will serve as the Co-Chair Elect of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association, before becoming Co-Chair of the section in 2017.
WHAT TO KNOW
More about Amit J. Shah?
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, PA - J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Member, Minority Law Student Association
- Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA - B.A. - 2001
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- New Jersey, 2004
HONORS AND AWARDS
Honor & Awards
- Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2008, 2010 - 2019
- Best Lawyers in America, since 2019
- Awesome Attorneys 2012 - 2013, Suburban Life Magazine
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Division, Member
- Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Committee, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Member
- Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia, Ex Officio Member
LOOKING FOR THE BEST?
Awards and Accomplishments
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Martin Law have received numerous honors and awards—from other lawyers, neutral third-party publications and trusted consumer organizations. The achievement we are most proud of is simply being able to help the many decent, hardworking people who have suffered the misfortune of a work injury.
LOOKING FOR THE BEST?