GEORGE MARTIN is the founding partner of Martin Law and practices exclusively in the area of workers’ compensation law since 1979. In 2012, Mr. Martin was appointed by the NFL Players Association (NFLPA) as the workers’ compensation panel attorney to represent players on the Philadelphia Eagles.He was also appointed as a panel attorney for the Professional Hockey Players Association (PHPA). In the spring of 2013, Mr. Martin became a certified specialist in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation by the PA Bar Association’s Section on Workers’ Compensation Law as authorized by the PA Supreme Court.*
Mr. Martin is active in the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ), where he served on the Board of Governors for nine years. A past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, the first workers’ compensation attorney to serve in the position, Mr. Martin remains a life member of their Board of Governors. He was also the first chair of the PAJ Workers’ Compensation Section. Mr. Martin served as President of the American Association of Justice Workers’ Compensation Section in 2008. He served as Co-Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association in 1995 and served on the Board of Governors as the first representative of the Section in 1996 and 1997. He has served as a Council Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section since 1987 and has served as their Chairperson, Chair-Elect, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
Mr. Martin devotes considerable time to Continuing Legal Education (CLE) and has lectured on behalf of the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Associations, the Pennsylvania Defense Institute, and numerous other organizations. He is co-author of the 1990, 1992, 1994 and 1996 editions of Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Practice and Procedure, published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and continues to serve as a guest speaker for the CLE program.
In addition to his successful law career, he also founded the George and Miriam Martin Foundation (www.themartinfoundation.org) in 1996 to protect our environment, which has given more than $4 million to charitable organizations working to protect rivers and watersheds. Previously, he was a member of the Board of Directors of the French & Pickering Conservation Trust and Green Valleys Association, in Chester County, PA. Mr. Martin currently serves as Chairman on the Planning Commission of West Vincent Township in Chester County and the Chair of the Board of Trustees for Earthjustice, the world’s largest non profit environmental law firm.
WHAT TO KNOW
More about George Martin?
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York J.D. - 1971
- University of Delaware, Newark, DE - A.B. - 1968
- Pennsylvania, 1974
- New York, 1971
HONORS AND AWARDS
Honor & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Since 1995
- Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year, 2013
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Since 2004
- Top 100 Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Super Lawyer, Since 2005
- Martindale-Hubbell A/V Rated, Present
- The Irvin Stander Award for Professionalism in Workers’ Compensation, 2002
- Professional Hockey Players Association Panel Member of the Year, 2016
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice, Workers' Compensation Section, Past Section Chair
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Past Board of Governors
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, Past President
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Former Board of Governors, Past Workers' Compensation Section Co-Chair
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section, Past Chair, Past Member House of Delegates
- The College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers, Fellow, Since 2007
- Workers Injury Law & Advocacy Group, Board Member
- NFL Players Association, Panel Attorney
- Professional Hockey Players Association, Panel Attorney
LOOKING FOR THE BEST?
George Martin Awards and Accomplishments
LOOKING FOR THE BEST?