March 20, 2014
(Philadelphia, PA) – Partners George Martin and Matthew Wilson of the workers’ compensation law firm of Martin Banks are presenting at the upcoming 28th Annual Fall Meeting of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section hosted by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute on September 13th & 14th at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center.
While the section meeting is already a massively popular event for workers’ comp practitioners, two segments of this year’s meeting make it a “must not miss”:
- The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry will soon debut a new state-of-the-art online computer system that will streamline business functions for the department and enable parties to access their claims and transact business with the department electronically. Wilson, along with Hon. Elizabeth A. Crum, the department’s Deputy Secretary for Compensation and Insurance, will review the key features of this new system.
- The groundbreaking, years-in-the-making Workers’ Compensation Law Section’s Certification process will debut this fall, with applications for the March 2013 exam being taken in October. Wilson served as a member of the volunteer committee (and several subcommittees) and part of the event curriculum will review the various criteria and process for attorneys to apply for consideration to be accepted into the exam for a five-year certification.
- Martin will participate in the popular annual fast-paced debate-style review of the latest cases, providing attendees with a CD-ROM with hyperlinks to all the cases
- Attendees earn 7 Total CLE credits, 1 of which may be applied toward ethics
- Several social engagements planned during the conference offer attendees plenty of networking opportunities.
Both Wilson and Martin regularly and actively participate in educational activities that benefit practitioners all over the state and Wilson has, for over 10 years, been a member of the faculty that authors the section’s textbook, “Workers’ Compensation Practice & Procedure,” a 900 page tome.
For more information, visit www.pbi.orgThe show will also be streamed live on CBS3.COM so that viewers can watch from their desktops. They can also access any stories, products or resources featured on Talk Philly via www.cbs3.com/talkphilly.
Founded by George Martin in 1979, Martin Banks is one of the few firms in Pennsylvania that restricts its practice to workers’ compensation, is one of the largest firms in the state that only represents injured workers, and takes great pride in its very diverse staff of attorneys and administrative professionals.