Bold labels are required.
Workers Compensation for Municipal and State Workers
Police officers, firefighters, sanitation workers, paramedics and other public employees face many dangers at work. And when they are injured in the line of duty, they face many of the same obstacles as civilian workers in filing workers' compensation claims.
The law firm of Martin LLC handles public employee work injury claims on behalf of police, fire, ambulance, corrections and sanitation personnel. Our attorneys are here to ensure that your benefits are calculated correctly and your rights are upheld.
Arrange a free consultation at 888-229-6467 or 215-268-7646. We are the largest workers' comp firm in the Philadelphia area and southeast Pennsylvania exclusively representing workers.
Emergency Personnel and Public Employee Injury
We handle all categories of injuries, and we are familiar with the common accidents in these lines of work:
- Police officers — Squad car crashes, falling injuries from foot chases, back injuries from tackling criminals, assaults by suspects, gun accidents
- Firefighters — Burns, smoke inhalation, toxic exposures, ladder or stairway falls, back injuries and knee injuries from carrying fireman packs, training injuries, heart and lung conditions
- EMTs/paramedics — Vehicle accidents, injuries restraining or lifting patients, contact with infected blood
- Correction officers — Assaults by prisoners, injuries subduing inmates
- Sanitation workers — Falls from garbage trucks, back injuries from lifting cans, run over by their own driver or other vehicles
- Highway workers — Construction accidents, vehicle crashes, struck by motorists
Public employee injury claimants are subject to the same workers' compensation rights as private company employees. However, there may be specific union-related rules for reporting injuries and filing claims. You may be eligible for Regulation 32 or Heart and Lung Benefits. Some state workers may have extra benefits under the Act. Our attorneys will walk you through the process and come to your aid if there is any problem with your benefits or medical care. We also advise on whether to take a lump sum settlement.
Contact us after your accident, ideally before filing your claim. Our lawyers can meet clients at multiple offices throughout the Philly Metro area and surrounding counties.